This job posting is no longer active
The Oncology Editor is responsible for planning, acquiring,editing and reviewing comprehensive, oncology content for the ChemotherapyAdvisor.com website and app. The Oncology Editor will assist the Scientific Director in maintaining
This position reports to the Scientific Director, ChemotherapyAdvisor.com, Haymarket Medical
This is a full-time position located in Montvale, NJ.
• Have knowledge of the current oncology landscape to efficiently edit/proof-read/fact-check comprehensive, practice-focused, oncology-based articles, news summaries and blogs from freelance writers
• Monitor the oncology landscape through press releases and e-mail alerts to ensure utilization of news sources and assist in development of the clinical content for the website
• Have the skills to edit copy to improve readability of articles, news summaries, and blogs submitted by contributing editors
• Ability to deliver edited pieces in a timely manner on a daily basis in order to keep up with the pace of the website
• Understand editorial procedures, protocols, and content development workflow in order to ensure the highest possible quality of work
• Manage freelance writers and confer with them regarding changes in content, style or organization. Responsible for submit/reviewing invoices.
• Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers for coverage when necessary
• Collaborate with internal team to create educational programs (print, live and digital) such as Fact Packs, etc.
• Work with internal team (sales, program management, editorial, support) to move projects smoothly and efficiently along designated timelines and within established budgets
• Write daily news summaries or weekly blogs if needed on new/ground breaking/interesting topics in the world of oncology
• Travel to national conventions to provide live conference news, be available at our booth to talk with our end-users and promote our website and publications, and interview our KOLs to create podcasts and articles
• Work closely with the web-editor on creating a weekly editorial calendar and copy for daily newsletters
• Become proficient with the content management system
Skills for Ideal Candidate:
• The candidate will ideally have 5+ years of editing/writing experience in oncology
• A bachelor of arts in English, Journalism, or Communications is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Team player with strong communication skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Self-starter who requires little supervision or direction
• Good time management and prioritization abilities
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community. Please send cover letter and resume to: Maria Deutsch MS, PharmD Scientific Director
25 Philips Parkway, Suite 104
Montvale, NJ 07645
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Maria Deutsch MS, PharmD