This job posting is no longer active
Haymarket Digital Media is the in-house agency for Haymarket Consumer Media, based in riverside offices in Teddington.
We are an experienced team of user experience designers, developers and project managers who deliver and support our digital properties. From WhatCar and Pistonheads to Stuff to WhatHifi, we deliver solutions for market-leading brands across multiple platforms using a variety of technologies such as .net and Drupal.
We have a great opportunity to join a focal team within a major, market-leading company. We are Agile advocates and we operate in an agency style, combining the fast pace and variety of a digital agency with the team spirit and ‘ownership’ of client work.
We are looking for an exceptional UX designer to support our growing team at Haymarket Digital Media.
What you’ll do
• You’ll work on brands such as Stuff.tv, WhatHifi, What Car, Pistonheads and Autocar developing new digital offerings across multiple platforms, including desktop, tablet, mobile.
• You’ll work directly within the User Experience team, reporting to the Head of User Experience and you will work on concepts, ideas and designs, generated by the group.
• You will assist in the creation of sketches, paper and digital prototyping, wire framing or html mock-up and take these processes to the final output.
• You will assist in the creation of visual designs from the initial exploration, wireframe and prototyping work.
What you’ve done
• You’ll have a good level of industry experience working within a digital UX environment, preferably within a multi-brand, client-side environment…
• You’ll have at least 1 years experience of hands-on, pure UX work primarily involving prototyping and conceptual wire framing
• You’ll be a great digital designer who has worked on great looking, digital interfaces
• You’ll have experience in the creation of products/process/UX for desktop, tablet, mobile, which involve responsive design solutions
• You’ll have worked within an Agile environment and fully understand how UX fits into that process
• An exceptional portfolio including examples of all aspects of the UX process (gathering of requirements, research, user testing, user journeys, persona development, wire framing, user flows, concept layouts, design skins)
• Excellent skill base in – Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• A high proficiency in modern prototyping skills, Axure RP, Omnigraffle
• A working knowledge of XHTML / CSS would be beneficial
• You should know great digital solutions when you see it, and explain why it’s great, and more importantly why it works.
Who are you
• Haymarket stands for quality but is also a challenging and rewarding environment, a can-do attitude is vital
• Fun, energetic and passionate
• A love of design and all things digital
• A love of motoring or consumer electronics would also be a great addition
How to get the job
• Initial phone interview with HR department
• Part 1 - with Jon Warden, Head of UX.
• Part 2 - with senior members of the Haymarket Digital Media team
• A short interview with Simon Hill, Digital Technology Director
Don’t forget to…
• Bring some great work to show off, not just what’s on your online portfolio
• Express strong views about our brands online
• Be full of ideas and thoughts about the digital world
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below