This job posting is no longer active
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media and serves a broad spread of markets, including digital, PR, horticulture, youth & children’s work, healthcare, print, environmental, motoring, leisure, formula 1, football and consumer electronics.
Since Haymarket was founded half a century ago, we have always prided ourselves on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people.
Britain's largest privately owned publishing company requires an entry level production controller to work in a busy magazine production department.
This is a fixed term contract for approximately 3 months
Duties include client and supplier liaison, proofing, page management, preparation of artwork and design.
Experience in Indesign and Photoshop is essential.
Reporting to the Production Manager, your role will be to ensure the efficient flow of advertisement material on your magazine within the production schedule, through to publication and also providing general support for the production department.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Liaising with the sales department to ensure all advert bookings are accurate.
• Chasing clients for advertisement copy and forwarding advertisement proofs to advertisers.
• Checking digital files received from advertisers are to the correct specification.
• Typesetting adverts and applying corrections accurately.
• Flatplanning Display and Classified sections, page make-up and creating PDF's.
• Checking and circulating flat-plans with sales and editorial at the required time.
• Ensuring all pages of the magazine are sent to the printer on time.
• Providing support and back-up for the Production Department as and when necessary.
Production is a vital information hub for the company, working with all internal departments, printers and repro houses. Good relationships and communication are essential to the role of a Production Controller. Enthusiasm, versatility and ability to work well under pressure are essential.
• Mature attitude and the ability to liaise effectively and positively between other departments and external suppliers/clients
• Flexible, conscientious and diligent attitude
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills and attention to correct spelling and grammar
• Strong proof reading skills and attention to detail
• Punctuality, time management and organizational skills
• Good telephone manner and strong communication skills
• Computer literacy in Office programmes, InDesign and Photoshop
This role is a fixed term contract running until mid December.
How To Apply