This job posting is no longer active
Haymarket Media Group has its heart and soul in publishing and media. We are a creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people. Our philosophy has always been quite simple – employ the best to produce the best. From sport to medicine, from technology to motoring, from classical music to marcomms, we are active in business, consumer and customer media, along with exhibitions and live events. We aim to be the perfect company to work for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
We are international - globalization is opening up the world further, and providing many opportunities for us to continue to grow. We have major offices around the world - New York, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany – and many of our titles are truly global brands.
Haymarket Business Interactive (HBi) is the in-house web development agency for Haymarket Business Media, based in Bute Gardens, Hammersmith.
We have an experienced team of user experience designers, developers, quality assurance engineers and project managers who deliver and support our digital properties in a highly flexible environment. From BrandRepublic to GP, pressXchange to Campaign, we deliver solutions for market-leading brands across multiple platforms using a variety of technologies such as .net, WordPress, ColdFusion and Drupal.
We have a great opportunity to join a focal team within a major, market-leading company with a current portfolio of 20+ websites and other business critical applications. We are Agile advocates and we operate in an agency style, combining the fast pace and variety of a digital agency with the team spirit and ‘ownership’ of client work.
What You'll Do
This is a quality assurance role for an ambitious quality assurance engineer, looking to challenge themselves and improve their skills by working as a key member of an experienced project team in agile environment. You’ll undertake functional and non-functional testing, scenario testing based on user stories and end to end testing via manual and/or automated execution of test scripts. You will be passionate about online and want to work collaboratively with top design, development, publishing and editorial teams to deliver quality products. You will be responsible for:
• Involvement in a project from initiation to ensure a respect for quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Determining the QA approach to a project, including the objectives and scoping
• Identify all quality assurance components within a project and ensure quality delivery throughout
• Identifying test cases and acceptance criteria for user stories
• Preparing test data and executing manual and/or automated test scripts
• Accurate recording, management and communication of issues
• Coordinating user acceptance testing
• Work collaboratively with the project team and end users to ensure timely and effective delivery within their project phases
• Drive continuous improvement of processes and QA activities throughout and surrounding the project lifecycle
What You’ve Done
• A degree or qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
• You’ll have at least 2 years of QA experience working within a digital environment, preferably within a multi-brand environment
• You’ll have worked effectively with cross-functional teams
• Good communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects
The following would be advantageous, but not essential
• ISEB qualified (foundation)
• Test automation using Selenium or similar tool
• Bug tracking system Jira, Bugzilla or similar
Who Are You
We are all about the people…
• Haymarket stands for quality but is also a challenging and rewarding environment - a ‘can-do’ attitude is vital
• Fun, energetic and passionate about digital
• Highly organised, confident and self-sufficient
• Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Completer – Finisher attitude
• Attention to detail
How To Get The Job
The interview process…
• Get through a first interview with the Head of Project Management.
• Second interview – a short interview with a representative of the technical development team
Don’t forget to…..
• Express strong views about our brands online
How To Apply