This job posting is no longer active
Haymarket Media Group has its heart and soul in publishing and media. We are a creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people. Our philosophy has always been quite simple – employ the best to produce the best. From sport to medicine, from technology to motoring, from classical music to marcomms, we are active in business, consumer and customer media, along with exhibitions and live events. We aim to be the perfect company to work for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of Haymarket Consumer Media's Data Operations Team. As part of this central business unit you will be tasked with helping to support the marketing and communication activities of the business. This role is perfect for someone who's looking to build on their existing experience from using data for marketing.
1. Data Capture & Management
• Manage the input of manual ad hoc feeds into the customer marketing database (CMDB).
• Ensure suppression files are regularly updated with unsubscribe requests and general complainers.
• Reformat any data as required.
2. Selection & Segmentation
• Provide data counts to marketing teams on request.
• Setup and manage selection templates to be used ongoing.
• Create selections for marketing campaigns based on defined criteria.
• Create uniquely defined segments for marketing campaigns.
• Setup campaigns within marketing database tool.
• Extract data and deliver to defined destination.
3. Campaign Delivery
• Update email templates with content provided or retrieved.
• Amend HTML within email as required.
• Build new HTML email template as required.
• Setup relationship between data and the campaign.
• Setup environment for testing as required (subject lines, etc).
• Liaise with marketing teams to ensure tests are approved.
• Broadcast email marketing campaigns.
4. Analytics & Insight
• Interrogate the database to resolve data and marketing related queries.
• Update and deliver monthly reports.
• Populate and deliver monthly marketing campaign reports.
• Provide ad hoc reports on campaign results as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other MS Office packages.
• Good knowledge of using a data selection tool is desirable.
• Good knowledge of using an email marketing tool is desirable.
• An understanding of general direct marketing practices.
• An understanding of publishing, media or exhibitions.
Skills & Personal Competencies
• Logical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Analytical, inquisitive and tenacious
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Adaptable and flexible - open to new ideas and concepts
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage time
• Good attention to detail and can focus on results
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below.