This job posting is no longer active
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media and serves a broad spread of markets including digital, PR, horticulture, youth & children’s work, healthcare, print, environmental, motoring, leisure, formula 1, football and consumer electronics.
Since Haymarket was founded half a century ago, we have always prided ourselves on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people.
The role of a PA will be to look after the Group Publishing Director. Your general approach should be one of willing and helpfulness with a can-do attitude. You should be approachable, friendly and efficient with telephone callers, visitors and the team. You can expect to be called upon for a variety of tasks so flexibility is key
You must be organised to ensure that important jobs are prioritized and your weekly tasks fit into regular pattern.
This will be a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Have good presentation skills
• Distributing post
• Online stationary ordering
• Other administration tasks for director such as booking travel, accommodation, cabs, couriers.
• Taking action points at brand meetings.
• Maintaining and organising directors diary
• Typing of letters, memos, correspondence etc.
• Answering telephones/ screening calls and taking message
• Organising and maintaining filing system.
• Keep a record of department expenditure on a monthly basis
• Project planning for each event, including budgeting.
• Liaising with clients/sponsors on events
• Securing and booking a suitable venue or location for event/ meeting
Abilities and Skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle and own multiple projects
• Excellent administration and organizational skills
• Pro-active and show initiative
• Strong IT skills including, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Able to use a MAC
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to work well under pressure
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below.