Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group AG and the sole importer of Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicles, and Audi, SEAT and ŠKODA cars in the UK.
In 2008 we received the Financial Times Best 50 workplaces award in recognition of how we focus on our people and the contribution they make to our continued success. This was further recognised in 2012 when we were awarded a top 25 position in the UK Great places to work survey.
From the company’s headquarters in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, it controls sourcing, marketing and distribution of all vehicles and parts for the Volkswagen Group brands and provides a range of support services to its retailers and customers.
Group Services is the department that handles the company’s central functions such as vehicle logistics, parts operations, planning and technical training. It’s a diverse, innovative, fast-moving environment where the brightest and most capable thrive. Home to an industry-leading trade parts operation and a cutting-edge training department with state-of-the-art facilities, Group Services offers brilliant career and development opportunities to talented, adaptable, ambitious candidates.
Brand Support and Reporting sits within GS Planning and has three core elements to deliver: Brand Support, GS Identity and Desktop.
Brand Support is the key conduit for information to both Group Services and the Brands, delivering business updates and other events, the Service Level Agreement process and a communication strategy to highlight the activities across all of the Group’s functions. Recently introduced during 2012 is our media screen strategy which covers both our Wymbush and Blakelands sites. An exciting development and project underway is the development and launch of Group Services identity which will happen later this year.
The Brands rely on the Desktop extranet sites as their main means of sending business-critical information to their Retailers. It’s vital that information is consistent and relevant so it is read, acted upon and responded by the across all areas of the networks. We have a professional editorial team embedded across the business who are responsible for improvements in Retailer engagement with the brands. A new version of Desktop will be delivered during 2012 and this has exciting new features, including targeted publishing and business networking, which will really change the way the Brands do business with their networks. We will also be launching new Desktops in key areas such as Paint and Body in 2012.
To support the Brand Support department in delivering the Group Services Communication Strategy across both Blakelands and Wymbush. Delivering communication pieces that are joined up, relevant, engaging and informative.
Our vision is to put Group Services at the heart of the Volkswagen Group, creating engaged staff who have a sense of pride. The launch of the Group Services identity is crucial to achieving this and the Brand Support function will take an active part in bringing this to life.
- Responsible for marketing material - from designing ideas and concepts through to delivery
- Identifying suppliers
- Providing costs to the Internal Communications Manager
- To help make the GS Identity live and breathe throughout Group Services and VWG
- In conjunction with Communications team ensure feedback mechanisms are in place to measure the effectiveness of communications initiatives
Business Up-dates / Events
- Organise and coordinate videoing through selected supplier – e.g. recognition
- Manage events through EMS
- Provide feedback report from attendee’s with recommendations for future events
- Ensure venues are fully briefed on requirements and ensure they are delivered against our brief
- Provide any venue related feedback to Planning Administrator for escalation to HRG
Intranet Champion for GABI
- Responsible for up-loading documents for Group Services users
- Providing help, support and training when required to users
- Ensure the content is fresh, relevant and engaging
- Gain feedback regarding the content and provide recommendations for improvements
Media Screen Management
- Support the Internal Communications Manager with the programming of the media screens
- Content (loading / modifying etc.)
- Ensuring the screens are running efficiently
Management of Event Management System (EMS) database for Group Services
- Maintain accuracy of database – liaise with GS Administrators to identify updates / update EMS accordingly
- Management and distribution of the SLA report – ensuring all comments have been captured from data providers and are relevant
- Capture and communicate any actions
- Develop annual SLA’s and targets and up-date report accordingly
Skills & Experience
• Passionate about delivering an exceptional customer service
• Strong personal drive to succeed and make things happen
• Highly organised, and able to manage changing workloads and priorities
• A strong team player, who also has the ability to work independently
• Strong focus on attention to detail and a great eye for design
• Managing multiple stakeholders and contributors
• Thinking creatively and solving problems with tight deadlines.
• Deliver elements of communication project plans to a high standard, on time, meeting budgetary requirements
• Experience of event management desirable
How To Apply
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click the ‘Apply Here’ button below