Business Development Manager, Greater China - Campaign
Haymarket Brand Media (Asia)
Haymarket Media Ltd 10/F Zung Fu Industrial Building 1067 King's Road Quarry Bay HONG KONG
Sales & Commercial
Full Time / Part Time
Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Campaign Asia-Pacific is the region’s leading industry title providing essential insights and intelligence for advertising, marketing, media. Across many platforms, the brand delivers deep and broad analysis of industry trends and developments.
Campaign is seeking an experienced sales professional to increase our client base and revenue streams across all platforms from this vital region.
The right candidates will be based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, North Asia:
This role will be part of the commercial team and will be focused on driving sponsorship revenue from the rapidly growing events business, as well as across the brand’s digital and print portfolio.
The responsibility will be to maximize all associated revenue within the Campaign portfolio within the APAC region.
The successful candidate will not only be required to generate sponsorship revenue for the established events portfolio, but also commercialize new event ideas from understanding the market and client base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maximize sponsorship and advertising sales by creating new and building on existing relationships and opportunities to achieve/exceed personal and brand targets
- Work closely and support the Commercial Director to develop key relationships
- Maintain, grow and expand your client base across the territories and verticals you take ownership of
- 360 degree client servicing from initial stages through to post event reporting
- Maintain a high level of commercial activity
- Proactively lead source from all mediums
- Regular attendance at industry and client events
- Contribute ideas to develop and grow the business through market analysis
- Meticulous forward planning on pipeline forecast, upcoming business trips and events
- Usage of company CRM for all sales related activity
- Uphold the integrity of the brands and its associated events
- Liaise with internal departments on a regular basis - marketing, events, logistics, finance
Experience, skills and knowledge:
- Proven experience of working in an events/digital/client-facing media environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of key external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- You must be proactive and driven to get on with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Exerting huge amounts of enthusiasm, confidence and charisma is essential to this role
- Your attitude should be mature, positive, determined, considered and business like.
- You need to see things from a brand and business perspective
- Minimum 5 years sales management experience
- A proven track record in sales
- Experience in the B2B sector, ideally across marketing, communications and media
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face, phone and in writing
- Experienced in meeting with and selling to senior executives across the region
- Willingness to travel across the region and internationally where required
- Fluency in English language a must
- Mandarin would be an advantage
- University degree
We offer attractive remuneration package and excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV with current and expected salary to us.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.