Are you an experienced Management Accountant looking for your next challenge? An exciting opportunity is now available for you to join our brilliant Business Media Division.
Professional Services Group
Twickenham - Bridge House
Haymarket Media, 69 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3SP
Full Time / Part Time
Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, you will initially be responsible for the management accounting of products within Haymarket Business Media (HBM). You will be working with various stakeholders across the business, supporting them with analysis of budgets vs actuals.
As Management Accountant some of your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership for the management accounting from TB to P/L report for a group of products across a division.
- Collecting, reconciling, checking and updating trading information and reports.
- Reviewing and posting of accounting adjustments (accruals and prepayments).
- Liaising with budget holders to arrive at forecasted figures on a monthly basis.
- Checking, reconciliation and posting of forecast information for Costs and Revenues.
- Collating, production and distribution of monthly reports.
- Preparation of Budget and other reporting templates.
- Preparation of annual Budgets/Business Plans for a group of products across a division.
- Create and maintain successful working relationships with key stakeholders, both internally within the team and across other business areas.
- Attend and credibly contribute to local business meetings.
- Monitoring and policing of internal controls.
- Continuously seek ways to improve internal financial reporting and control processes.
- Positively challenge business assumptions.
- Support the business in catering for uncertainty by performing scenario analysis where necessary.
Some of the skills and experience you’ll already have are:
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, operating at an intermediate level within Excel.
- Good experience of seeking and implementing ways to improve on current practice.
- Must have a conscientious, accurate and methodical approach to work.
- Good written and oral communication skills, e.g. articulate when communicating to partners and key staff, and able to present financial results to the function and wider business.
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience.
- A team player with a flexible and pro-active approach to work with the ability to work autonomously.
Other things we’re looking for in a Management Accountant
- Attention to detail and listening skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills – able to handle multiple tasks.
- Shows commitment to the role and team.
- Displays a willingness to learn and actively seeks new work and challenges.
- Takes personal responsibility for maintaining personal development.
- Prepared to be flexible during busy periods in order to meet necessary commitments.