As a Systems Analyst you’ll be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Finance and HR system (in particular Unit4 Business World) and the 1200 users based predominantly in Greater London and New York.
You’ll liaise with users to define and analyse issues and requests for change to apply solutions or escalate them, manage expectations and negotiate appropriate timescales.
Professional Services Group
Twickenham - Bridge House
Haymarket Media, Richmond Bridge House, 419 Richmond Rd, Twickenham, TW1 3SP
Full Time / Part Time
Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Your primary responsibility is to maintain the Finance and HR Systems first and second line service function, crucially the outward facing element of the team. The function is responsible for managing user queries, issues and problems, delivering training, supporting the system processes and reports in place and completing standard change requests.
Personal duties and responsibilities
- Work with other business users to understand, record, resolve or escalate their system issues, problems and change requests
- To support and be the technical specialist for current processes and reports within the remit of Finance and HR Systems
- Deal with support requests via the IT Service Desk and provide the requester with a solution, work around or action plan
- Keep the requesters informed of progress through e-mail and verbal communication, in accordance with the internal SLA
- Progress each support request through to conclusion, liaising with colleagues and external teams as needed whilst retaining ownership
- Keep the IT Service Desk system up-to-date with clear, concise notes relating to each related support request
- Analyse reported system incidents and problems, seeking root causes and propose corrective actions where possible
- Regularly update and advise their line manager of any relevant system issues or trends
- To monitor system performance and integrity making sure all discovered problems are reported as quickly as possible
- To assist with development projects using experience and knowledge to help with the design and testing of system changes
- To deliver ad hoc and scheduled systems training as agreed and to maintain the training materials and program for the team
- To maintain the Finance and HR Systems knowledge base keeping procedures and processes documented as necessary to the standards set by the Finance Systems Manager
- Demonstrate adherence to the team processes and procedures
You may from time to time, be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as may reasonably be required by his/her line manager.
You’ll be based at our office in Twickenham, although from time to time you may be expected to work elsewhere in the business.