Web Developer (12 months contract)
Professional Services Group
Haymarket Media Ltd 10/F Zung Fu Industrial Building 1067 King's Road Quarry Bay HONG KONG
Online Commercial Operations & Programmatic
Full Time / Part Time
Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Haymarket’s Digital Department encompasses all aspects of technology - strategy, delivery and support across digital & product management, analytics and infrastructure.
What you will do with us
- Work on technical solutions across our various brands utilising a mixture of traditional and emerging technologies
- Participate in technology discussions that will shape our technological future
- Experiment with new technologies and educate others on the pros and cons
- Take responsibility for the development environment
We particularly like people who
- Care about what they do, code is not only a job, it’s always more, it’s a passion.
- Are aware of new technologies and are not afraid to use them.
- Are fearless and hard working.
- Are open minded and respectful of the ideas of his/her colleagues. Everyone’s opinion is important.
- Like to improve every aspect, including themselves.
- Are able to work in autonomy, be proactive, take ownership and drive solutions
- Are passionate, conscientious, and detail oriented
- Are not afraid of asking questions
As an experienced web developer, you will have the following skills/experience:
- Strong experience using .net, preferably experience in .net core
- Experience using node.js
- SQL Server and MongoDB database design
- Great Communication Skills
- Experience with cloud architecture, AWS a plus
- Experience with container technology and Kubernetes
- Understanding of web performance
- Experience in full development lifecycle (design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance)
Beneficial to have
- Understanding of agile principles
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with a frontend framework (React, Angular, Vue)
- Contract end bonus
- Five day work week
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community. This position is full time, 5-day week and based in Hong Kong. We offer attractive remuneration package and excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV, with current and expected salary to us.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.